| Pathfinder Adventure Path #6:|
Spires of Xin-Shalast
|Pathfinder 6: Spires of Xin-Shalast|
|Publisher's Product Page|
|Author(s)||Greg A. Vaughan|
|Publisher||Paizo Publishing, LLC|
|Price|| Print: $19.99 |
|Rules set||D&D 3.5|
|Series|| Pathfinder Adventure Path #6|
Rise of the Runelords 6 of 6
|Follows||Sins of the Saviors|
|Precedes||Edge of Anarchy|
|Artwork from Spires of Xin-Shalast|
A Runelord Rises!
The Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path concludes! The Runelord of Greed, Karzoug the Claimer, stirs in the legendary city of Xin-Shalast. There are more forces than an ancient evil wizard at work in this remote corner of Golarion, a place where the boundaries between reality and nightmare are unnaturally thin. Karzoug's minions have awakened as well, among them giants and dragons and devils and worse. Could there be an even deeper evil poised to emerge from the darkness at the dawn of time? Can the Rise of the Runelords be stopped?
This volume of Pathfinder includes:
This volume of Pathfinder Adventure Path presents all the information you’ll need to run Karzoug, including several unique spells and magic items. Also detailed is an expansive gazetteer of the ruined city of Xin-Shalast; its secrets and treasures and dangers can provide for many more sessions of excitement after Karzoug is defeated (if the heroes succeed in foiling his evil plans). The perennial Pathfinder's Journal and Pathfinder Bestiary round out the issue.
Foreword: "From Goblins to Giants" by James Jacobs (4)
- Paizo Editor-in-Chief reflects on the six-month history of Pathfinder, the talents of Greg A. Vaughan, and creating Karzoug and discusses the future and the new adventure path, Curse of the Crimson Throne.
1. "Spires of Xin-Shalast" by Greg A. Vaughan (6)
- For thousands of years, Xin-Shalast—one of the seven capitals of the Thassilonian Empire—has been lost, high in the dizzying reaches of the Kodar Mountains. In his palace high above the lost city, the resurrected Runelord of Greed stirs, preparing a deadly reception for those who have thwarted so many of his plans.
2. "Karzoug the Claimer" by Greg A. Vaughan (62)
- The depraved past of Karzoug, the Runelord of Greed, revealed at last! Learn the ancient atrocities, insidious history, and foul magic of Rise of the Runelords’s insidious archvillain.
3. "Hazards on the World's Roof" by Greg A. Vaughan (66)
- At 8,000 feet above sea level, mountain air becomes dangerous to breathe. This is to say nothing of subzero temperatures, glacial hazards, and fatal plummets. Learn about these dangers and others that make high altitudes deadlier than any dungeon.
4. "Of Endings and Beginnings (Pathfinder's Journal)" by James L. Sutter (70)
- Double-crossed! Eando’s bad luck in Korvosa takes an even deadlier turn after a trip to the city’s infamous school of magic, the Academae. Can the pathfinder escape the city with a hellknight enforcer hot on his trail?
5. "Bestiary" by Greg A. Vaughan (76)
6. "Prelude to the Fall" by Paizo Staff (90)
Adventure overview Edit
|Location(s)|| Kodar Mountains|
|Series||Rise of the Runelords|
Having steeped their weapons in the ancient magic of Thassilon, the PCs are finally ready to confront the newly risen Runelord Karzoug at the seat of his power. To do so, they must travel high into the mountains, to the fabled city of Xin-Shalast, where they’ll be confronted by enormous giants, dragons, and other monsters before they can finally confront the mad wizard of greed in his mountaintop palace. Yet can defeating Karzoug stop the rise of the Runelords? Or are there more terrors yet to come?
|Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path|