|Titles||Prince of the Blasted Heath, Demon Lord of Fungus and Parasites|
|Domains||Chaos, Earth, Evil, Plant|
Cyth-V'sug is a misshapen and monstrous being the size of a house. His body is made of a horrid mass of tubers, fungus, and rot, shot through with grasping tentacles and claws. This horrid mass is topped by a vaguely draconic head with puffball eyes and a maw of sharp, broken teeth.
Cyth-V'sug resides in a layer of the Abyss known as Jeharlu, made up of a single writhing colony of parasitic fungus that corrupts anything it touches into a vile extension of its own consciousness. The Prince of the Blasted Heath forever yearns to expand his domain by pulling other parts of the multiverse into his realm, and has recently established his most powerful spawn, the demon Treerazer, in the Material Plane.
Cult & Worshippers
As an ever hungry demon lord, Cyth-V'sug has little interest in forming cults or secret societies like some of his fellow demons; instead he hungers to absorb the whole of Golarion into his realm. Still, he does have those devoted to him on the surface world, although these are generally lone madmen obsessed with spreading his fungal taint.
Below the surface of Golarion his veneration becomes more common. His largest group of worshipers are most probably the drow of House Urdrinor, who tend the fungus gardens of Yagasfanas and supply the drow of Zirnakaynin with edible mushrooms procured with the power of their demonic patron. The derro also occasionally turn to Cyth-V'sug in their madness, searching for answers to spiritual questions. Certain mad shamans among the more violent tribes of vegepygmies have been known to ask the demon lord for assistance as well.
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 246. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- James Jacobs. (2009). Demon Lords of Golarion. Descent into Midnight, p. 57. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-131-2
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2008). Zirnakaynin. Endless Night, p. 52. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-129-9
- James Jacobs, Rob McCreary, and F. Wesley Schneider. (2010). Classic Horrors Revisited, p. 7. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-202-9
- James Jacobs & Greg A. Vaughan. (2008). Into the Darklands, p. 20. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-140-4
- James Jacobs & Greg A. Vaughan. (2008). Into the Darklands, p. 23. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-140-4
|Major Demon Lords|
|Minor Demon Lords|