|City of Strangers|
|Publisher's Product Page|
|Author(s)||James L. Sutter|
|Price|| Print: $19.99|
|Follows||Heart of the Jungle|
|Precedes||Kingmaker Poster Map Folio|
|Artwork from City of Strangers|
In the outcast city of Kaer Maga, your business is your own, and no ware is too dangerous or taboo to find a buyer. Within the walls of the ancient, ruined fortress, refugees and criminals from every nation disappear into the crowds of gangs and monsters. Leech-covered bloatmages haggle with Sweettalkers—religious zealots who sew their own lips shut—while naga crime lords squeeze self-mutilating troll prophets for protection money. And these are just the residents, not the fearsome beasts barely contained in the mysterious dungeons beneath the streets, held at bay by the elite rangers known as the Duskwardens. Welcome to the City of Strangers, a haven of freedom and independence for all—presuming you survive.
Inside this comprehensive, 64-page sourcebook you’ll find everything you need to know about running a game in Kaer Maga, including:
- Information and notable locations for all 11 districts, from the fabled Balconies of Bis to the necromantic paradise of Ankar-Te.
- A history of the city, and the bizarre ruined monument that houses it.
- Details on the countless gangs and factions within the city, and how they interact with each other.
- The bloatmage prestige class, in which spellcasters use their own blood to empower their spells—but at a terrible price.
- New monsters, magic items, and feats.
- A layer-by-layer guide to the dungeons beneath the city, and the echoes of lost races and magic that still guard them.
For an alphabetical listing of all nouns and terms in this supplement, please visit the Index.